Monday, December 28, 2015

Seven Years of Advent Candles

A friend was wondering how I draw candles for my Advent calendars.  Her question prompted me to think of all the candles together, and so I created this collage in PowerPoint.  It's seven years of Sunday candles, cropped from all my calendars.  I like the variety of shapes, colors, words, and styles -  realistic or abstract, simple or detailed. 

Each drawing space is small (about 1-5/8" high) and it may look a bit fuzzy above.  For a clearer view, click on the image.

The columns are years 2008-2012 and 2014-2015;  I didn't draw a calendar in 2013.  The rows are the four Sundays in Advent, with a candle added each week, somewhat like the traditional Advent wreath. 

For more about my calendars, including the words and the drawing materials, click here and here

No comments: