Friday, April 20, 1973

Try This - Doodling on a Tan Card

Updated July 2009

First, please read my post, "Anybody Can Draw," if you haven't already. And please don't copy my drawing - but do feel free to use it to inspire your own.

To try this, draw a 4x6" rectangle, or use an unruled 4x6" index card. Draw 4-5 irregular shapes, scattered across the space. They can be curvy, as shown here, or jagged, like my spiky abstract drawing.

Then draw a few shapes that echo or roughly mirror your first shapes. Example - the three shapes in the upper left of my drawing. Keep going until you've filled up your space pretty well.

Draw some small circles or shapes inside some of your bigger shapes. Color. Enjoy.

For more drawings to try, click on "try this" just below, or in the menu bar in my blog header, or in the label list on the right.

No comments: