Sunday, May 10, 2009

Airbrushed Landscape


I decided to try a full-page set of masks, trying to learn my new Copic airbrush. I cut curvy lines, then drew around the outside of each piece with my Zig 2-Way Glue Pen. I like the chisel point for this, but the fine point would work too. After the glue dries clear, it is temporary glue.

Then I airbrushed in sections, removing & replacing each mask. I had some blank paper along the edges that I colored with markers. Then it still looked boring, and the upper left sky was too dark, so I tried some lines and doodles with my colorless blender. I really like that effect - little stripes with colored edges.

Copic colors used (airbrushed) Sky B06, BG45; Purple hills BV08, C7, E49; Orangey brown hills E09,37; Green hill G28, YG99, E25; Green-purpley hill G07, R59, Y19, V09; Brown hill (lower right) E29, W7. Lines added with E33, BG45, E25, YG63, and brush tip of "sketch" 0.

No comments: