Friday, May 22, 2020

Sketch - Cezanne Inspired

Getting warmed up for February's Cezanne inspired project, I did this rough pencil sketch with a Bible verse that echoed the feeling of abundance in the original painting.  I added a bit of coloring, then set it aside, thinking I might use it for another drawing. 

But the longer it sat on my table, the more it seemed complete in itself, and the words developed layers of meaning for me as time went on.  So three months later, I'm calling it done.  Sometimes my scratchiest sketches make me happy without needing a polished end point.
  • Copic marker colors used: W1, 3; Y13; YR21, 30; YG05, 21; E81; V000, 22; BV31; B41
  • Colored pencils, a very old set of Venus Spectracolor: ultramarine, orange, olive green, scarlet lake, terra cotta, and orange-yellow
  • Paper: printer paper, cut down to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2"
  • Words: From His fullness we have all received grace upon grace. - John 1:16

No comments: