Wednesday, February 21, 1973

About Sybil and Her Drawings


Updated July 2009

Though we live far apart, Sybil and I have been friends for many years. I introduced her to drawing with markers in 1981. Then in 2008, after I had stopped drawing for many years, she re-introduced me to drawing with Copic markers in 2008. We share our drawings and thoughts with each other via e-mail. It's great to have a drawing partner.

Since 2004, Sybil has included drawing (she would say doodling) in her prayer life. She wrote a wonderful book about that, Praying in Color, and she gives workshops all over the country. Her book's website includes some examples of her prayer drawings. Edited February 20, 2010: There are more on her current blog, as well as her previous (2009) blog.

In my blog, I've included some of her "non-prayer" drawings (with her permission), including the one in this post.

No comments: