Friday, September 25, 2009

Blog News 4

Updates to Mostly Markers, other than new drawings posted, since the last Blog News:
  • Added labels for brightness (vivid, mid, muted). To see the drawings in each category, click on "Brightness: Vivid," "Brightness: Mid," or "Brightness: Muted" in the label list on the right.
These labels give my personal, overall impression of the coloring. "Vivid" is strong coloring, often primary colors. "Muted" is softer, paler, perhaps monochrome - often still colorful, but with a quieter feeling. It includes my black and white drawings. "Mid" is mid-range, somewhere in between vivid and muted.

As a few minutes of browsing in my blog will show, I'm attracted to using vivid, intense colors. For me, one of the joys of Copic markers is the brilliant, transparent clarity of their brighter colors. But I also enjoy working with soft, muted colors, where my paler and grayer Copics help me to be colorful in a gentler way. And for either vivid or muted colors, I can use simple coloring with interesting contrasts, or I can layer and blend colors without them getting muddy. (For examples of each, click on "Coloring: Complex" or "Coloring: Simple" in the label list on the right.)

I've tried to place consistent and helpful labels on my posts. One reason for all my labels is to help my viewers find drawings they might enjoy. Another reason is to give me a way to sort and view my own drawings in various combinations. For a description of my labels that may not be self-explanatory, please click on About My Labels, in the label list on the right.

For more Blog News posts, click on the label (below, or in the label list on the right.)

No comments: