Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ribbon Lattice


New printer/scanner set up yesterday, and it's not fully functional yet. When it is, I'll update "about my tools and materials." Meanwhile, here is yesterday's drawing, a lattice pattern with ribbons of color and a white ribbon woven through.

The main colors are bright, but softened and shaded with cool grays and other colors. For the background, I used my custom color B2000, and after it dried, I colored over it with colorless blender for a blurred, somewhat cloudy effect.
  • For a brighter drawing with similar colors (Cathedral Shapes), click here.
  • For a basket weave drawing and how to draw basket weave, click here.
  • For more ribbon-theme drawings, click on the "ribbons" label, below or in the label list to the right.
  • Copic colors used: Cool gray multiliner. Background B2000 (see above). Main ribbon colors B14, R24, YR 24, YG63. Shaded with C0, C1, B26, E71, BG96.
  • Paper: Neenah, cut down to 5x7"

No comments: