Monday, May 17, 2010

Patches with Black Dots

This started out as a drawing on a watercolor wash background. I couldn't seem to make it work. But such lovely colors! So I cut it up into strips, rearranged it, taped it together, cut it into strips crosswise, rearranged and taped it again. Then I added black lines between the patches, and some black dots for accent. It works better now.
  • Copic marker colors used: A few touches of orange and rose, but I didn't write down what they were. The black lines are Copic multiliner BS (brush small). The black dots are Copic marker black 100.
  • Background: Dr. Ph. Martin's radiant concentrated watercolors - lemon yellow, true blue, persimmon. 1 - 2 drops of liquid watercolor in 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of water. For more information about the watercolors, including my color chart, see this post.
  • Paper: Canson Montval watercolor block, 140 lb. cold press, 4x6"

No comments: