Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Highlights - New Year's Drawing

A bit of art journaling for the new year. I was inspired by Illustration Friday's word for the week, "highlight." With black Copic 0.3 multiliner, I drew some wavy lines, then wrote some words - events, moments, experiences, and choices that highlight 2011 for me as a good year.

I airbrushed with my Copic markers in rough sections between the wavy lines (not masking, not trying to be too even). Then I drew white lines, dots, and squiggles with colorless blender "0" and colored in a few small areas. It was a very good way for me to look back at 2011. Happy 2012 to all!
  • Copic marker colors used: Y15, YR15, RV34, BV04, BG45, G14, C0, colorless blender "0" to make the white lines and dots on the airbrushed colors
  • Paper: Neenah, cut down to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2"
  • Words: 2011 Highlights - work, quiet, exercise, music, prayer, laughter, hugs, prayer, home*, pots of tea, health, the moon, veggie box, dancing, joy, love, thank yous, singing, safety, art supplies, landscape, listening, *where the heart is, friends, family, birds, ferry, good books, geraniums

2 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Cindy,

Wow! You are a whiz with these markers! Kudos on fabulous work!

Thanks for stopping by Scrapping with Purpose -- and for your kind words about my interpretation of OWH Skethc 102.

Happy coloring in 2012!

Cindy O said...

Sybrina, thank you!