Sunday, August 19, 2012

Doodle with Rickrack and Chevron Lines

I'm not feeling well today, just a minor bug I'm sure, but not much energy or concentration.   Ideal conditions for drawing some lines and coloring in between them.  I enjoyed playing with the shapes and patterns. 

The idea came from a question posted by Ashley on the Papertrey Ink forum.  Since only forum participants can see it,  I'll recap the question here:  "Anyone ever use certain dies for tracing? I just thought how tracing the shapes of certain dies would make a cool background." 

So I gave it a try with the Papertrey Ink XL rickrack and chevron stripes border dies.  Aside from user error (of which there's been rather a lot today!),  it worked very well.  Nice smooth lines to trace around.  Great shapes.  And I like tracing around things, so it will be fun to use the dies that way.  Ashley, thanks for the idea!

Note: the gray is background, not part of the drawing. 
  • Copic marker colors used: BV04, BG53,57, Black 100 (dots)
  • Drawn with Copic 0.3 multiliner
  • Paper: Neenah, cut down to 5x7"

No comments: