Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This fall, several of my family members have had serious medical issues, all now moving in a very good direction. So much to be thankful for as I drew this Thanksgiving prayer drawing.

In the center oval, the words "All good gifts around us are sent from heaven above; then thank the Lord, O thank the Lord for all his love" are the refrain of a 200-year-old harvest hymn. The first line is "We plow the fields and scatter the good seed on the land, but it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand." I didn't grow up on a farm, but in a rich farming area, and I love the hymn for its spirit of gratitude. Click here to hear the tune and read the rest of the words.

To see my Thanksgiving drawing for 2008, click here.

I've labeled a few of my drawings "multiples," including both Thanksgiving drawings. Sometimes I really enjoy creating a drawing made up of small related drawings. To see all of my "multiples" click here, or on the label below or to the right. I've also used today's layout before (five ovals from a PowerPoint slide that I printed onto my drawing paper) - you will see it in my "five oval Marys" if you click to see my other "multiples."
  • Other words: top left - family, friends, love; top right - health, healing, spirit; bottom left - work, rest, abundance; bottom right - singing, drawing, joy.
  • Copic colors used:
    center - BG000,45, YG23,63, YR14,15,24, Y26, E11,15;
    top left - R00,24,29,32, Y26, B24;
    top right - custom color B2000, B24, E15, YR15, R08;
    bottom left - YR20, BV31, YR07,15, YG23,63, R08, E15;
    bottom right - BG10,32,49, RV06,17;
    top ribbons - YG63, YR07; bottom ribbons - B24, YR15;
    left ribbons - R29, Y26; right ribbons - BG49, RV06.
  • Paper: Neenah, 8.5x11"

No comments: