Friday, November 6, 2009

2009 Advent Calendar Template

Added November 20, 2011: Looking for my current template? For 2011, click here.
I'm looking ahead to Advent, which in the church year is the 4-week season of hope and longing that leads up to Christmas. Last year, I made a small drawing each day in a calendar format. Click here to see the end result, my 2008 Advent calendar.

I've decided to try it again this year. Beginning in late November or early December, I plan to post my calendar drawings as I go along. Added Nov. 29, 2009: Click here to see my 2009 calendar drawings, which will be updated at least weekly until Christmas.

The blank grid above is my 2009 template. If you think you might enjoy this activity, please feel free to print or download it for your own daily drawings.... colorful tree ornaments, decorated words, geometric shapes, or whatever inspires you.

EDITED Nov. 28, 2009: Click here for the link to a PDF version, which I've just learned how to share via Google Docs.
See top of post for 2010 version.

Overall page size is 8-1/2 x 11". Each day's drawing space is 1-3/8 x 1-5/8". The image size (including the "Advent 2009" heading) is 7-1/4 x 9-3/4".

No comments: