Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gilt-Edged Notebook

Once again, Illustration Friday prompted me to draw something I never would have thought to draw otherwise.

This week's word "diary" started me thinking about my mom and how she encouraged my creativity ... drawing, painting, collage, writing, singing, sewing, knitting, embroidery, and more. Especially all the journals, paper, and art supplies that she gave me over the years. This gilt-edged notebook, my current diary, is just one example.

I really enjoyed drawing it and thinking of her. Thanks, Mom. And thanks, I.F. See below for a scan of the actual diary.
  • Copic marker colors used: W1,3, YR00,07,15,20, Y19,26, G17,21,24,28, YG97, E43,44, V000,12, BV04, RV13,91
  • Background: Copic airbrushed with B45 marker, dotted with B41, 45
  • Copic multiliner colors used: Pink, purple, sky blue, orange
  • Gold Uni-ball gel pen
  • Paper: Neenah

1 comment:

Cindy O said...

Thank you Laurel!