Sunday, January 14, 1973

Where I Buy My Tools and Materials (Sources)

Posted July 5, 2010, updated Sept. 2010

Note: Below are a few on-line stores that I personally use. In most cases, these stores ship my order on the next business day. I've had great customer service experience with all of them.

I also buy things at my local art supply stores and scrapbooking stores, not listed here because they are local.

I'm not affiliated with any store or product, and I don't receive any free or specially discounted items. When I mention something on my blog, it's because I personally use it with good results. There are, of course, many other products, and many other sources for on-line purchases, which I haven't compared here.

Art supplies (wide variety of general art materials):
  • Merri Artist - also with a store location in McMinnville, Oregon, which my friend Sybil has visited (but which I haven't.) All Copic items are available on-line, including the Various Ink Refills.
  • Dick Blick Art Materials - also with store locations in over a dozen states, including one near me. All Copic items are available on-line, including the Various Ink Refills. My local Dick Blick store carries Copic markers and some accessories, and now (Sept. 2010) also has at least some of the refills.
Paper crafting supplies, such as greeting card materials (card stock, adhesives, embellishments, paper crafting tools, etc.):
  • Ellen Hutson - on-line only. The home page for Ellen Hutson's store includes buttons for four different educational and inspirational blogs. (Scroll down toward the bottom.) My favorite is "The Classroom" where I've learned a lot about different techniques and supplies. Many Copic items are available, including Sketch markers, Various Ink Refills, and many accessories.

  • Papertrey Ink (PTI) - on-line only. There is also a beautiful blog by Nichole Heady (PTI's co-owner) with techniques and examples of how to use PTI products and other materials. Some Copic Sketch markers are available. Note: their shipping can be slower in the first week after a new release (15th of each month), so you may wish to plan for that.
One more favorite web location:
  • Craft Critique - not a store, but a wonderful resource for crafty product reviews. (Not just paper crafting.) Products I never imagined! Product comparisons! And interesting stories on craft shows and events.

No comments: