Thursday, January 25, 1973

My Copic Colors

Updated December 28, 2011
Caution: colors can vary with your paper, and the computer may not look true to life.

I was introduced to Copic markers in August 2008 (thank you, Sybil!) Since then, almost all my drawings use Copic colors and multi-liners. For many of those drawings, I've listed the "Copic colors used" in my blog posts.

This chart is my personal reference chart for my Copic colors. It's a Word table (13 columns, 27 rows) that I created and printed on my usual Neenah paper (Classic Crest, Solar White, smooth, 80 lb. cover weight). Whenever I buy a new marker, I color it in. I keep the chart out of the light when not in use, because the colors will fade with exposure.

An "s" means that a color is available in the Sketch type marker, but not the Original type which I generally prefer. A "c" means that it's one of my custom colors (formulas listed at the bottom of the chart) - for more information, scroll down to my "custom colors" post (or if you don't see that post, click here and then scroll down).

Also included in my chart are a few unlikely combinations that I use a lot, two markers colored on top of each other: YG91+G21, BG32+G12, and B41+BV31.

On my chart, I omitted the N and T grays (neutral and toner) because, for my markers, I chose the C and W grays (cool and warm). Also I omitted the F (fluorescent) colors, except for my FV2 at the bottom left, which in real life is a bright purple, not blue as it looks in the scan.

If you'd like a copy of the blank chart for your own use, please leave me a comment here. I'll be happy to post it.

No comments: