Sunday, July 26, 2009

Abstract Quilt with Gray and Colors

Ribbons of colored multiliner. Squares of gray. Squares pieced with blue, purple, and white stripes and checkerboards. Squares appliqued with green, pink, and light gray patches. I thought the large gray squares might look too bland, but I like the way it came out.

I enjoyed making the patterns similar but different. I enjoyed working with the not-square squares, which were drawn with two sets of lines, each radiating from a point just off the top of the page. (I started with lightly drawn pencil lines, using a ruler, but then when I inked them with the colored multiliners, I intentionally made them a bit wavy, to look less mechanical.)

Copic colors used: Ribbons between squares: cool gray, wine, purple, sky blue, and turquoise Copic multiliner with BV000 and BG000. Gray squares: C1 with BV000 and BG000 along the edges. Colored squares: B01 and V12; BG32, RV91, and C0. (7/26 EDITED color list to include C0)
Paper: Neenah, 8.5x11"

No comments: