Sunday, July 19, 2009

Landscape with Sketchy Coloring


Although I love to experiment with my drawings, I don't always love the results. But I'll try this technique again sometime.

Along with my sketchy lines, I used some very sketchy coloring - not my usual solid or layered colors. After coloring, I spritzed it all with colorless blender fluid in a small spray bottle, for more of a watercolor look.

Copic colors used: sepia multiliner, V12, G21, YR15,20, B21,41,45, BG000,10, E000,11,41,43,95
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 80 lb. cover weight, smooth, Classic Cream color

4 comments:

Karen Hanim said...

I just left a comment on one of your older posts but just in cast you don't see it I will repeat it here. I found your site through 'I Like Markers'. Thanks so much for all the things you have posted! I plan to check back often and maybe the 'Hidden Artist' in me will get some encouragement to come out.

Cindy O said...

to Karen - Thank you for your comment - I will write a little more, later - but in case anyone else is wondering about comments on the older posts: Yes, my blog tells me when I get a comment, so readers, please feel free to leave a comment on any post. I know some people (myself included) enjoy reading others' comments, so in the next day or two, I will add a "comments" label to make them easier to find.

Cindy O said...

I added a label "Commented on" for the posts that have comments so far. This is something I do manually, not automated, so for new comments, there will be a lag before the label appears.

Cindy O said...

More to Karen – I really appreciate your thought about the “hidden artist.” I responded to it here with your other comment. (Sorry for my slow reply, but first I had to find out how to insert a link into this comment!)