Friday, July 17, 2009

Landscape with Storm

August 21, 2010: The week's theme for Illustration Friday is "atmosphere." I was struggling with how to draw that, when I remembered this drawing from last summer. Storms and lightning make the atmosphere into something we can see, hear, feel, and smell.

Though I currently live in an area where thunderstorms are rare, I grew up in the midwest, with the summer drama of lightning and thunder. The storms can be destructive, but they also have a wild beauty that I appreciate. My husband and I just returned from visiting family in our home state. One of our days there was dark and stormy. Today I drew a stormy landscape.

Copic colors used: Clouds W0,1; Sky BV20, Y000; Trees G17,28, YG23,63,97,99 with streaks of BG93,96; Buildings BV23, B45, C3,5, E04,43,44
Paper used: ecru Crane's card approx. 4x6"

No comments: